"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ghosts, bees and tennis shoes

This is what I get for exercising


I should have figured my day would have some weird events. 
I'm just wondering what might come next. 
My mind started furiously working this morning around 5:15, much to the protest of my body. 
But when my alarm chirped, I rolled out of bed and found my tennis shoes. Oh, I didn't go play tennis. That would be overkill. 
I actually went on that walk I alluded to in my last post. 
At 6 a.m., I stretched outside my back door and walked with a purpose down the sidewalk to the road.
It was dark. There are few streetlights in our little town and it was a tad unnerving. 
It was more unnerving when I saw someone else by the dumpster at the park about a block from our house. I figured they had to be stretching before starting a morning walk or run on the path around the ball diamond. 
The figure, in a light-colored top, started off on the path headed east at a good jog. I thought for sure I'd see the person as I got to the opposite side of the ball diamond. No such luck. I wasn't gone more than 20 minutes and there was no one to be found around the park. I checked just because it bugged me. 
Who had I seen? The cemetery is just up the hill, north of the ball diamond. Do ghosts need exercise? If so, I'm screwed. 
My morning was mostly mundane until I took a break, visiting with my boss and another business owner on Main Street. I picked a dead leaf off a plant in a hanging basket, thinking I'd be nice and help keep the plant in good condition. 
No. 
Some damn hornet or wasp, not sure which, decided I invaded his home and stung me. That little bastard. He stung my middle finger, too, so I decided to show him what I thought of him ... and smooshed him on the sidewalk. 
Then I felt guilty. 
But then I didn't, and stepped on it again. 
I really didn't feel guilty once the venom moved down to my middle knuckle and into my wrist. 
My hand and wrist still feel weird. 
Good thing I'm not allergic. 
Now I'm wondering what my afternoon will bring. I have to mow the lawn and clean up all the crap that's accumulated over the summer. I hate that. 
I'll probably get stung again, just for good measure. Or a residual haunt will start appearing in my back yard. 
Why did I get up so early? 

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear how you stay motivated to do the things you enjoy doing! Send me a message. I dare you!

1 comment:

  1. I set little goals with mini rewards. Once I complete XYZ I get a piece of chocolate or a 10 minute break. I find I work much faster and more productively!

    ReplyDelete