"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Freezing for fun and energy

Today, I tried something insane.
As if we don't complain enough about the freezing winter temperatures, I went and froze myself on purpose.
Mitchell has another new business.
Awaken Cryotherapy Spa is set to open at 302 N. Main St., and, believe me, experiencing the octagon is totally worth it!
For three minutes, you stand in an octagon-shaped chamber and make a quarter turn every 7-10 seconds to avoid frostbite.
The temperature drops as low as 230 degrees below zero. And it is invigorating!
Visit their Facebook page.
According to the business's flyer, here are few benefits:
  • increased recovery time from injuries;
  • reduction of pain and swelling;
  • reduction of post traumatic treatment
  • benefits those who have joint disorders, stress and anxiety, tendinitis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and arthritis;
  • tightens skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, reduces cellulite, improves sleep, increases metabolism.
Here's a video of my ridiculousness. Beware, I sound like an idiot.


Now, a little insight: You go in naked. Well, almost naked. I kept my underpants on. Freezing my boobs was enough, thanks.
But, you are required to wear socks, rubber shoes and a pair of gloves they give you.
You also sign an agreement prior to entering the dressing room. You cannot have certain conditions if you plan to try cryotherapy, including being pregnant.
You change in a little room into a bathrobe they give you and step into the chamber with the robe on. They close the door and then you take your robe off.
It is very discreet and I felt totally comfortable the entire time.
I feel quite energized after my time in the octagon. And honestly, I don't have a headache like I normally would this time of day and my back feels pretty darn good. Usually, my lower back hurts.
Make fun of me all you want (particularly for the video), but that was one of the most entertaining three minutes of my life.


The inside of the cryotherapy chamber.
(Photo by Anna Jauhola)
The chamber with nitrogen tanks.
(Photo by Anna Jauhola)

No comments:

Post a Comment