"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Our Spit is in the Mail

Many people ask me what I do at The Framer.
Typically, I'll tell them I use a vinyl cutter to create different designs and lettering for custom projects.
Today, I can tell them my boss and I enjoy doing the same crazy things.
On Tuesday, Connie and I spit into tubes.
You read that right. We spit into tubes.
You see, Connie and I discussed that we don't know exactly what nationalities comprise our backgrounds. As Connie has more TV channels at home than I do, she mentioned the AncestryDNA.com commercial that advertises a DNA test kit. So we ordered two kits and received them Monday.

This is what all comes in the AncestryDNA kit. Super easy!
(Photo by Anna Jauhola)
So we laughed and hee-hawed while we produced enough spit to for a quarter teaspoon into these little tubes. Then we struggled to put the cap on that would release a stabilizing liquid, laughing the whole time.
Then we chuckled some more about how we were doing such a strange thing.
Then we took a selfie (albeit a blurry one).

Here we are with our tubes of spit! (Photo by Anna Jauhola)
Then we took another one with the tubes in the pre-paid mailers.

Ready to be mailed! (Photo by Anna Jauhola)
And finally, I walked out the door at the end of my day and took the mailers with our spit to the post office to drop in the outdoor mailbox.







 

So. Now in six to eight weeks we'll find out what we're made of. 
We anxiously await our results as we discuss what other things we can do to cause our families to shake their heads. 



No comments:

Post a Comment