"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Delicious mind treats

The Line-Up is a strange, inspiring website


Do you enjoy scary, supernatural, haunted, bizarre and other disturbing facts, legends, stories and crazy information?
I certainly do!
Recently I discovered The Line-Up -- a website chalk full of these kinds of mysteries.
Almost immediately I clicked subscribe to fill my inbox even more full of their delicious mind treats.
I'm not sure why, but I've always been fascinated by the strange and unusual things in life, like unsolved mysteries, stories of haunted places, freak shows and so on.
The world today is bombarded with images and information so fast that a lot of this seems to be commonplace.
Just take a look at the screenshot below:

A screenshot of image results on Google from the search terms "greatest unsolved mysteries."

I typed into Google "greatest unsolved mysteries" and these pictures came up, many of which are immediately identifiable -- Loch Ness Monster, Bermuda Triangle, the Lost City of Atlantis, the abominable snowman or Yeti and the Jersey Devil.
Oftentimes, I wish I could be transported back to the late 19th century or early 20th century when computers, Internet and TV weren't even a remote possibility. Some of the mystery in the world would still be just that, and we would be even more thrilled by mysterious goings-on.
This week, The Line-Up provided me with a list of creepy horror books I plan to try.
They include: Wylding Hall; The Manitou; The Winter People; Summer of Night; and The Girl Next Door.
I'm always looking for some great inspiration for my own short stories, which often include strange story lines and odd outcomes.
Look for some more creepy stories coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment