"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

What's Your Intent?

On January 18, I blogged about befriending neighbors and briefly mentioned the MyIntent project.
Originally, I was going to write about the project, but couldn't get permission at the time to use a picture of the bracelets the project creates.
Today, I bring you MyIntent.org and the simple jewelry that is bringing people together.

Classic Bracelet
This is a classic bracelet from MyIntent.org. (photo courtesy of MyIntent.org)
According to the MyIntent website, the bracelets are meant as a way to introduce "meaningful conversations and positive energy." Each bracelet is hand-stamped with a word or two, chosen by those who purchase them. Many celebrities have brought this project to the forefront by purchasing bracelets and sharing them on social media, but it is meant for everyone. 
These can be a great catalyst for positive conversation. 
Although it looks like a jewelry company, MyIntent is actually a service project, raising money for various nonprofit organizations
Chris Pan founded MyIntent in 2014. It is based out of Los Angeles. 
When I first found out about the project, I watched a video on Facebook. I immediately sent a request to the contact email to use a picture and didn't hear anything back. So, I kind of forgot about it for the next several weeks, until today when I received a reply! 
The person who replied to my email apologized for not responding earlier and said they would be happy to have me blog about MyIntent. 
They also offered me a gift card along with their apology. 
I was shocked! 
Nevertheless, I plan to use this gift card. 
It would be great to have a constant reminder for what I strive every day, and what has gotten me this far in life. 
I'm not sure just yet what word or words I may choose. But stay tuned for an update shortly. I'll be sure to share with you my bracelet when I receive it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment