"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Movie = Fantastic!

Ignore criticism, hype of new Star Wars; make your own decision

I purchased a single ticket for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"
on New Year's Day. Unfortunately, I did not avoid any crowds.
My tips from work last week went to some much-needed me time.
I took a trip into town Friday, entered the theater alone and purchased a matinee ticket for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

As many know, I hate crowds. I chose Friday to go because it was New Year's Day and I was (foolishly) hoping few people would be at the theater.
I was so wrong.
I got there super early, walked into an empty theater and chose a seat right in the middle.
It was great, until a couple walked in and sat directly behind me. Then a group of people came in and sat right next to me.
So much for an easy route to get out to the bathroom, which I needed BADLY throughout half the movie. But I hung in there.
What did I think of the movie?
Fantastic.
I love Star Wars. By no means am I a hardcore fan -- I did not dress up like Leia or a Storm Trooper, and I don't have posters or memorabilia at home -- but I sure did enjoy the story.
Although the person next to me said afterward, "That was the same plot as the rest of them," I enjoyed the action. I particularly enjoyed seeing the old characters mixed with the new.
I'm excited to see the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment