"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Bookish gifts for the book nerd

Imagination is your only limitation when finding the perfect gift for the book lover in your life. 
Here's a list to help you make your favorite book lover's day. 

1. A meaningful or handwritten bookmark. My most favorite bookish gift I received was a great bookmark with a poem about friendship. When I left my full-time job to pursue freelance writing, my friend Micaela gave me a bookmark from Blue Mountain Arts. The poem was touching and it has taken a place of honor in each book I read. 

Booksmarks with personal messages are a great
gift for book lovers. I personally have the "FRIENDS" bookmark
in the top center. (Blue Mountain Arts)


2. Bookends. Enough said. There are so many stylish, classy and quirky bookends out there, it would be hard to choose. PLUS, you can be creative and use almost anything as bookends. Again, imagination is your only limitation. 

I almost squeeled out loud when I saw this. Love it! 
3. Book-related games. While searching the Internet for some different ideas, I came across The Storymatic game and Rory's Story Cubes. This is also a thoughtful gift for the writer in your life as the games can stimulate the creative senses when writer's block takes hold. 

4. A boxed set of your reader's favorite series. Sometimes this can be cost prohibitive. For me, I'd be interested to see someone purchase Sue Grafton's Alphabet Series for me -- she just published X, which puts her at 24 books. Yikes! However, the boxed set of The Chronicles of Narnia would be a great gift, and probably more affordable. 

5. Book lights. I haven't personally used book lights for a while, but I used to when I was kid and rode the bus in the early mornings and late nights for school activities. I've been informed by a close friend that these are still popular for many and they come in some really cool designs. 

6. If you're feeling particularly generous, give your book lover a bookshelf. Some research -- possibly covert -- may be needed for this gift. Make sure whatever type of shelf you get is something your book lover needs and the size he or she can accommodate. For me, my house is tiny and I have little room for a bookshelf, and desperately need one. I've been thinking a tabletop shelf may be my best option. 

Perfect for that book lover in your life who has
a tiny, tiny living space.

7. Gift cards specifically for a book store. Book nerds are in love with the smell of books (really!). I love the good smell of an off-the-beaten-path bookstore. But also, book lovers enjoy, rather relish, spending time in a book store. Before they know it, they've spent hours perusing. I know I do. 

1 comment:

  1. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot.
    Lamps

    ReplyDelete