"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Blogging Success, thanks to relaxing

Determining a niche

For the last 10 years, I've been a reporter.
And it seems, from my most recent post, that incorporating that experience into my blog is exactly the type of niche on which I need to focus.
Thanks to the hundreds of people who viewed my blog post about Mitchell's Float Spa.
It was an amazing experience and fun to write about it in first person.
And thanks to these two, Tim and Angie Moon, who opened the Float Spa in January!
Tim and Angie Moon, owners of Mitchell's Float Spa. (Photo by Anna Jauhola)
I've now made it my goal to seek out more opportunities like this in the community and surrounding area.
I've always loved writing about local businesses, unique opportunities and other feature-worthy people, places and events.
AND, it's amazing how much of those types of people, places and events are in South Dakota.
I suppose reporting is simply in my blood and I need to keep an element of that in my writing, but not lose my love for accuracy, truth and proper grammar.
I've never been one to teach people, therefore I believe most of my posts have been fairly useless.
Most posts have an average of 40 visits.
The post about Mitchell's Float Spa alone has so far received 470-plus views.
SO. Back to basics -- reporting fun experiences with facts and entertainment, and photos, wrapped up into one.
If you have any suggestions, please pass them my way. I'm always looking for something to write about that I've never experienced!

No comments:

Post a Comment