"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Princess Leia gone too soon: RIP Carrie Fisher

In my early years, I sure did love Ariel in "The Little Mermaid," but I really wanted to be like Princess Leia Organa in "Star Wars."
Today we mourn the loss of Carrie Fisher, who so magnificently played the iconic Star Wars princess.

Carrie Fisher rockin' those awesome cinnabuns in "Star Wars: A New Hope."

Not only was Princess Leia beautiful and intelligent, but she was one badass spy and infiltrator. Despite her position within galactic royalty, Leia risked her life to do her part in delivering the Death Star plans to the rebels. Plus, she totally mouthed off to Darth Vader.
Bad. Ass.
Okay. So I understand Leia is a completely fictional character, and completely acknowledge it was Carrie Fisher the whole time making her so awesome.
Fisher portrayed a range of emotions, but my favorite of hers was anger when she choked the life out of gigantic galactic mobster Jabba the Hutt. Seriously, she turned her chains into a lethal weapon, all while wearing the skimpiest space bikini.
Bad. Ass.
I know Fisher didn't ONLY play Princess Leia, but it is pretty much her defining role.
However, a few of her other roles that were my favorites include the therapist in "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" and the Mystery Woman in "Blues Brothers."
I also enjoyed her appearance on "The Big Bang Theory" a few years ago when James Earl Jones and Sheldon Cooper pranked her by ringing her doorbell and running away.
It is sad that she died so young. Thank goodness she was willing to return to the iconic role that so defined her as an actress for nearly 40 years. Despite what others say of her performance in "The Force Awakens," I don't think anyone could possibly have played the role.
RIP Carrie Fisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment