"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Monday, February 1, 2016

I'm hooked on yarn

Conquering the overwhelming feeling of "I can't do this" when I try something new is difficult. 
It took me years to finally sit down and say, "I can do this," after printing out a crochet pattern. 
When I mastered the pattern for wristers, it was empowering. This is a bit sad, yes, but the accomplishment showed me I could actually follow a pattern and it really wasn't that difficult. 

Red Heart's website is one of my favorite for patterns.
They are free! And you can order yarn and accessories.
As I moved forward with my knowledge of following patterns, I actually took it upon myself to make my son a blanket. Although I finished the blanket and it turned out well, it was flimsy and a portion ripped in the dryer one day. I have a few patterns I'd like to try for a replacement blanket, particularly one including a popcorn stitch. 
Jacob loved his blanket I crocheted for him in 2013.
Unfortunately, it ripped in the dryer. (photo by Anna Jauhola)
I learned to crochet when I was 10. My grandma randomly taught me the basic stitch one day, but she didn't know any more than that. So I didn't pick up crochet hooks again until college. And I didn't start seriously crocheting until a few years ago. 
One day, I hope to have not only a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf, complete with ladder on rollers, but also a room filled with a huge supply of yarn in all colors and mixtures. 
*Reverent sigh* I would LOVE this room.
The other side would be the above mentioned bookshelf. 

1 comment:

  1. That yarn shelf won't fit in a tiny house in the woods.

    ReplyDelete