"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Monday, October 31, 2016

CHERRY BOMB! on Halloween

With accompanying zombie 

Finally! The reveal!
Jacob's costume turned out better than expected. He was the cherry bomb from Plants vs. Zombies.

Paper mache is a pain, but effective.
(Photo by Anna Jauhola)
We took a pumpkin treat bucket and put a layer of paper mache on it so we could paint it red. Then I painted the face on it and used green pipe cleaners to make the stem.
Jacob said, 'You are the coolest mom ever!" so I guess I succeeded at my task.
Last night, we walked the three blocks to Ethan's American Legion hall for a not-so-spooky haunted house, games and treats.
Jacob said I had to dress up too.

This is what happens when I get to have fun
for Halloween. (Selfie by Anna Jauhola)




After we spent probably a half hour at the Legion hall, we went home and waited to hand out candy.
We decorated my office as scary as possible and turned on the portable heater to stay warm.
We carved pumpkins in the afternoon and put them out to look nice and spooky.


Above, our jack-o-lanterns before it got dark.
Below, they are much more terrifying.
(photos by Anna Jauhola)



We might have more fun tonight, probably handing out candy.
I'll be lighting the jack-o-lanterns until they curl up and look gross.
I'll be keeping my office creepy for a while too, perhaps for a little inspiration.


Just me bein' creepy.
(Selfie by Anna Jauhola)


















In the mean time, Happy Halloween!
Don't be afraid to enjoy yourselves today. 
It's a waste if you don't. I was a zombie yesterday.
Today, I'm a mysterious creepy lady. 
I hat the had from a few years ago and 
just decided that's enough of a costume with makeup.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. My kid has been insisting on having a bomb cherry costume for his birthday nexth month and this is exactly what he's looking for. Do you have a video if how you did it (the one for the kid in paper mache)? you would save my life! Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete