"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Hip Hip Hooray for School!

Thank GOD school is back in session here in South Dakota.
While Jacob is a fantastic kid, and is usually pretty self-sufficient, he was getting bored with riding his bike and hoping the neighbor kid was out and able to play.
Needless to say, we pretty much shared a low five when I dropped him off at his first day of first grade on Wednesday and went our separate ways.
He told me this morning (proudly), "Mom, I didn't even cry on my first day of first grade!"
He then proceeded to take two crosswalks on his own (with help from the crossing guard) and walk into school by himself. He had lots of practice for three-quarters of the year last year, but this was the first time crossing both roads on his own!
For your enjoyment today, I'll share the few pictures for which he so graciously posed on Wednesday.
Have a great weekend!

Jacob ready to leave home bound for his first day of first grade. (Photo by Anna Jauhola)

Jacob outside his school. He added the coat because it was a bit nippy. (photo by Anna Jauhola)

Jacob with one of his besties, Steven (my bestie's kiddo). (photo by Anna Jauhola)

No comments:

Post a Comment