"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Is Earth flat? Let me tell you ....

Far be it for me to judge others' belief systems, but I found one this morning that is so off the wall, I had to share.
Now, I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory -- the moon landing was faked; aliens established humans on earth; the government is poisoning our water with fluoride.
But, Earth is flat? The sun is a concave disk? Antarctica is actually a big ice wall keeping the water on Earth's flat surface? Hmmm ....
That's a little far-fetched.
However, there are thousands of people out there who believe in this theory and dispute facts like gravity and magnetism. They are called Flat Earthers, or followers of The Flat Earth Society -- a real society.
And they would say I'm brainwashed, or perhaps a paid government employee spewing propaganda.

A screenshot of the post that led me to read more about Flat Earthers.
Unless these guys can absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of a doubt PROVE to me that Earth is not a sphere and that we live under a large dome like in The Truman Show, I think I'll continue to live the "lie" as they call it.
Computer graphics and photo clarity are becoming quite astonishing, which leads me to believe there are satellites in space (and that space exists) taking pictures of our spherical Earth. However, Flat Earthers believe there is no space and that we all live under a dome. They believe the moon landing was faked after NASA found out they could not launch a rocket into space, because there was no space. So rather than owning up that the Earth is flat, Flat Earthers believe NASA faked the moon landing to cover up their mistake.
This might beg the question, why would the government and NASA pretend they took pictures of Earth from space in 1947, long before the moon landing, if it didn't really happen? What did they have to prove 22 years before men landed on the moon? What did they have to hide? Among many other question, I'm sure.
This is one of my favorite conspiracy theories in a long time.
To say the earth does not move through space, but rather is stationary, is so ridiculous I have a very difficult time believing it. And to say gravity doesn't exist and things "just drop" is so odd.
It would be funny, though, if I lived to see the day a Flat Earther launched a weather balloon that actually hit the dome and recorded that we have lived a lie for hundreds of years.
I would then fully believe the moon landing was fake, aliens established not only humans on Earth but possibly the odd flat Earth itself, and that the government is poisoning me with fluoride.
In the meantime, I'll remain a brainwashed slave of the government (that's sarcasm) and stick with Einstein in saying (quite judgingly): "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure about the universe."

No comments:

Post a Comment