"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Monday, February 29, 2016

3 Amazing recipes with only 3 ingredients

Master dinner in 15 minutes or less

I'm not the best cook. I hate the cleanup, so I usually dread actually making a meal.
However, it has become easier as I tend to find meals that require fewer ingredients and less prep time.
SO. Today, I bring you three of my favorite meals that require only THREE ingredients and so little prep time you'll cry with ecstasy.

This lemon and garlic pork loin will
taste delicious with lightly seasoned
potatoes. (Photo by Anna Jauhola)
1. Pork loin with sliced potatoes. Pork loins often go on sale and the other day I got two for the price of one. Needless to say, I about peed my pants I was so excited.
For this meal, all you need is the pork loin, five or six medium sized potatoes and olive oil.
The package should tell you how long it takes to cook the pork loin. The one I used only takes 45 minutes.
For my family of three, this is the perfect size. And the 45 minutes is perfect for cooking the potatoes too.
Prep time: 15 minutes.
All you have to do is coat the bottom of a 5X7 or 9X13 glass pan with olive oil, place the loin in the middle of pan and slice potatoes to fill the space around the loin. Voila! You have a complete meal in maximum of 15 minutes (depending on how fast you can slice potatoes).
While the loin and potatoes are cooking, I suggest you take the pan out a few times and move the potatoes around to make sure the ones on top don't dry out.
You can serve a vegetable with this meal too, if you don't mind adding that extra ingredient.

Nothing like a quick meal of a grilled
cheese sandwich, with tomatoes.
Tastes like grilled cheese and tomato
soup in one! (Photo by Anna Jauhola)
2. Grilled cheese and tomato sandwich. In recent years, I've become fond of eating tomato slices on pizza (in place of marinara) and on sandwiches. One such sandwich is basically a grilled cheese with tomatoes.
This simple sandwich is just as easy to make as it sounds!
All you need is two slices of your favorite bread, cheese of your choice and the ripest tomatoes you can find. I suggest you spend a little more on the tomatoes if you don't grow your own.
Prep time: 15 minutes or so, for slicing tomato and cheese (if applicable).
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Just put the cheese on one slice of bread, tomatoes on top of the cheese and a couple more slices of cheese on top of the tomatoes.
Grill in a pan or on a panini grill. No need for a side, like soup. This sandwich is filling.
Delish!

Creamy Chicken Delight is
a quick, easy meal. (Photo
by Anna Jauhola)
3. Creamy Chicken Delight is one of those typical Midwestern meals using everyone's favorite: cream of mushroom soup!
I no longer own a crockpot. (GASP!) Please don't judge me. But, it always seems the damn thing never got cleaned. So, my recipe takes place in a large cooking pot.
Your ingredients will consist of chicken breasts (for us it's three), 1-2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (or one large can), and 1-2 small bags or 1 large bag of mixed vegetables. (You'll have to add or subtract from your recipe depending on how many people you're feeding, or if you're planning leftovers.)
Prep time: 15 minutes.
First, boil your chicken breasts in the large cooking pot to near done.
Drain the water, of course, and then add your soup and frozen vegetables.
Cook on medium low heat for about 25-30 minutes, checking it often to ensure the soup does not burn.
If the concoction is too thick, add a little milk or water.

No comments:

Post a Comment