"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My fantasy: A tiny house in the woods

OH! And it HAS to have a screened-in porch

I've longed to live in the country again ever since I left northwestern Minnesota.
My fantasy is to once again live surrounded by trees, no neighbors
and to enjoy quiet, peaceful nights. Check out this particular cabin here.
Although this is not the specific design I have in mind, this cabin greatly represents my fantasy of living in the middle of nowhere.
I've been used to driving great distances to do anything my whole life. Even now, I drive 10 miles to get to work and drop the kiddo at school, making it a 20-plus mile round trip each day.
Growing up, any major shopping center was more than one hour away.
I again long for those days. Not only the peace and quiet of the country, but the freedom to do whatever I want in my own yard. 

As much as I'd like the luxury cabin above, below is a more realistic starting point for our family:
This Premier Builing barn-style cabin model may one day serve as my
family's home in the country. I see so many possibilities in this model.
Check it and other options here
I used to mow the lawn wearing headphones and screaming songs at the top of my lungs, not worrying what any neighbors thought. 
Laying on the lawn with a good book, soaking in the sun without cars driving by every five seconds was the best. 
Freely taking a walk through the woods and sitting by a big picture window with the screens open during a thunderstorm is what I miss the most.
The cool thing about the cabin above is we can add on a screened porch, or a larger deck, or whatever we want.
One day, I will be back in my wooded, country heaven with my husband, son, dog and cats, where we can all roam free. 

What is your fantasy? 

1 comment: