"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

3 Effective Ways to Wake the Hell Up

As if people don't have enough problems getting good sleep, they might have more of a problem rolling out of bed in the morning.
This can be a problem for me, so I've researched three simple, yet effective ways to wake the hell up in the morning.

1. Get Moving. 

This isn't as daunting as it sounds. For this girl, who seriously has problems leaving her incredibly comfortable bed in the morning, a few stretches do the trick - starting with a good stretch in bed. I'm not a runner, jogger, yogi(?) or pilates-er (more like pie and lattes). BUT, to help me move my way even toward Mr. Coffee, I stretch. This could be as simple as grabbing onto the moulding at the top of your bedroom doorway. Or, you could do a few easy lunges. Whatever type of stretching is easiest for you, try it right after you get out of bed. You'll thank me for it.


2. Freshen Up. 

Okay, that sounds like we need to go to the ladies room and powder our noses. No. However, a good shower at a luke warm temperature, with minty or citrusy scented body wash or shampoo really does the trick. (Yes, GUYS, even you could try a manly lemon scent, or whatever.) If you shower at night, your morning routine could include a citrusy facewash. For me, I use a boiling hot washcloth to rinse my face. It not only gives me good exfoliation, but stimulates my skin. I also give my hair a good, slow brushing. This stimulates my scalp and gets the blood moving to wake up my sleepy head.


3. Have a Reason to Rise.
 

Buy a new coffee to try out. Have an outfit picked out the night before that you are excited to wear. Choose a surprise book to read to your child in the morning. Plan a breakfast you've wanted to try. Anything that gets you excited to get out of bed will help you easily accomplish this task. I love trying a new coffee from time to time. I've been known to set my alarm a half hour early just to get up and put on a pot of java. My favorite, by the way, is Jamacian Me Crazy by Stumbeano's in Fergus Falls, Minn. Wish I lived closer ...


BONUS MATERIAL!

Here are three great sites about effective wake-up routines that may help you.
How To Wake Up Fast -- This site gives a few quick tips.
For a Fabulous Morning  -- This is a medical site that gives you tips for increased energy in the morning.
My personal favorite is ...
My Morning Routine -- This site gives you hundreds of personal stories of morning routines from real, successful people from different professions.

1 comment: