"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Friday, February 12, 2016

3 Blogs to Help Heal Your Heart

Heartache comes in many forms


As Valentine's Day approaches, and many will receive or have already received flowers, balloons and so on, many others will receive nothing but heartache.
There will be break-ups, there will be family struggles, there will be self-pitty and self-loathing. So, for those of you who experience these emotions and situations, and perhaps feel Valentine's Day is a sham, I have found these blog posts about how to pull yourselves up and not take it so hard.
For those of you who have found happiness and don't understand why others feel hatred toward Valentine's day or love in general, I hope these posts can help you understand why some simply need a little healing.

1. How to Heal a Broken Heart and Wounded Spirit, on TinyBuddha.com.
This post by Heather Reese deals not only with relationships, but the aftermath of how life can keep throwing crap at you. It's a good reminder that pity parties can ruin your life if you don't stop it and open up to a more positive outlook.

2. 9 Things You Learn When Your Bad Mother Dies, on WomansDay.com.
OK, so this is my own article, but I've had my share of heartache and wanted to share with you my personal experience. Heartbreak in relationships aren't just between significant others. The majority of my heartbreak in life came from the poor relationship with my mom.

3. 7 Steps to Mend a Broken Heart, at HuffingtonPost.com.
Psychologist Ronald Alexander explains how to work your way through grief in any situation. The advice has been helpful for me as I deal with my grandmother's death. I'm still struggling with sadness and regret, and Alexander's advice has helped push me in the right direction to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment