"I am alive and kicking"

Never miss a post! Sign up for notifications through email at the bottom of the page.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Jewel Among Freelancers

Jorden Roper's 'actionable advice' approach is best in industry

Oftentimes, adults and professionals will say, "Hard works pays off. Just keep your nose to the grindstone. Forge ahead!" among other indistinct advice.
While I agree, hard work does pay off, it's difficult to find your way in completely new territory without a little outside help.
I found myself in that situation when I seriously jumped into freelance writing. I was lost. I had NO idea what I was doing and for quite some time resigned myself to simply working my day job and writing crap on my blog.
Since I discovered in August the amazing Jorden Roper, author of the Writing Revolt blog, I have forged ahead and been working hard to realize my goal of becoming a self-sustainable freelancer.
WritingRevolt.com is the only straightforward site I've found that gives upfront "actionable advice" to becoming a freelance writer.
Some sites give you worksheets, others give you vague advice and point you at other sites that give the same vague advice, and yet others offer only paid courses (which could be worth it) but I don't have hundreds of dollars to toss around for courses that MIGHT give me worthwhile information.
You see, Jorden was forced into her current position after being fired. She knew she had to make freelancing happen because she had no other choice. So she busted ass and made $800 in the first month. In month five of freelance writing, she made $5,000.

That is a DREAM for most people. For someone just working a 9-to-5, they'd have to be making $31.25 an hour to make $5,000 gross income in one month. To  NET $5,000, you'd have to make about $40 an hour at your regular day job.
I don't know about you, but I'm not finding any regular jobs where my skills will gain me $40 an hour.
Most day jobs that don't require physical labor pay a max of $15 an hour, which is nothing to sneeze at. But, you can only work so many hours in a day.
Freelance writing will give me an opportunity to branch out and use Jorden's actionable advice to create a sustainable business where I choose my clients and make the life I want.
Jorden's course, Make Money Freelance Writing, which you can find here, has been an absolute Godsend. In seven free email courses, Jorden lays out exactly how she achieved success (and even had to scale back) in easy-to-understand lessons.
She's gives you just what she advertises -- "no-bullshit advice for bloggers and freelance writers."
Jorden's journey is inspiring and has shown me I can do it too!
Other bloggers talk about hard work and that you need to choose a niche and that you need to be all over social media. But none of them (that I found) tell you how to actually do these things. Jorden gives you step-by-step instructions on how to create an effective writer website; how to use Twitter to attract and snag high-paying clients; how to master cold emailing and bring in a huge profit; and how to choose AND master a profitable niche, among other topics.
She is always frank about her experience, and even shares in one of her posts how she screwed up big time, and what we as freelance writers can learn from her mistakes.
I encourage every freelance writer, particularly those starting out, to take Jorden's course. It will set you on a path to success, as long as you're willing to work HARD, follow some frank advice, and are not offended by several f-bombs throughout.
You will not be disappointed. Jorden is a jewel among the most experienced freelance writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment